The life and times of Elder William Macoubrie: Serving the Georgia Atlanta Mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (March 2012-March 2014)

Friday, May 31, 2013

Temple Trip



Hello there everybody!

Sorry that I haven’t written all week long. Things have had a little change for this week and so I only had time to come do it today. Today has just been a glorious day! The house of the Lord is always amazing to take part of and to renew the covenants again. It’s been a long time since I have done temple ordinances so that was a very neat and exciting trip. I love the feeling of the spirit and the love Heavenly Father has for me. I love receiving new revelation and inspiration. It’s so fun to notice that the Lord is just waiting and loves to give us new information when we go to the temple. I wonder if He gets excited giving it out just as much as I am receiving it?!

This week has been good. I am well on my way to achieve the preach my gospel certification that President Harding has asked all missionaries to do by June 30th. In doing so he has asked that every missionary in the mission field start waking up at 6am instead of 6:30 so this week I have just been exhausted in the process. Biking and waking up early and plus I don’t sleep until 11pm most nights makes for a tiring day. But I still know that the church is true so it’s all good :) I know that President Harding is called of God and that he really is inspired by the things that he does.

Our investigators are doing good. Many of them are just "floating" and we are just waiting to get them progressing. We keep inviting many to baptism and many agree but they just need time and I feel that many of them don’t realize what baptism means. This is eternal life! This isn’t a game this isn’t something fun we get to do for a little while (I mean it is) but there much bigger meaning to it all. Eternal life is living with God, your family, forever! How wonderful is that! Just think about it...

I have heard about all the activities everybody is doing at home. They sound so fun but guess what? Missionary work is better. Haha I’m so glad that everyone is having a good summer so far. Here’s something I learned during my personal study this morning:

Hope: an abiding trust in the Lord that his promises will be fulfilled. It is a believing and an excitement that something will happen. ~Preach My Gospel page 117. This is something that we all need. Hope often leads to faith that will really help us get it done. Hope is the desire and the want for something. But there’s 2 types of hope (just like faith I feel) hope #1 worldly things ex. cars money jobs. Hope #2 hope is godly things ex. Eternal salvation, more knowledge from the scriptures etc. I promise all that as we strive for the godly hope our relationship with our Savior and with our Heavenly Father will increase and that as we pray miracles will begin to happen. But as well with all things we just need to look at everything as a blessing. Look at it as an opportunity not a have to. You have agency! I hope you all learn something from this and I encourage you to do your own study on hope and with faith and the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I know we all can benefit from our studies and be sure to write them down!

Have a good week! Just keep swimming!
Love,
E mac

No comments:

Post a Comment